Minggu, 04 Oktober 2009

All of these things that I've done


Today is a koopzondag day. That means shops, open at this first Monday at the month. Although not of all of them, Asian store refuses to participate in this event although I bet Chinesse store would like to do more. Since I need to buy a birthday present for a friend, I took as an excuse to stroll around.

The chill weather is running back, but the sun is shining. First stop is to buy a top-up credit for my friend somewhere in her origin country. I don’t know what her plan is, but let’s stop asking questions and just act. Next stop is a window shopping at Body shop where I usually feel like home and broke all at once. After that HEMA, for a very special smell and a one-stop-shopping place. And then walk around again to find earmuffs for my friend’s winter supplies. Unluckily, didn’t find one. Well, we found one, very fluffy and in pink color. He dislikes it, for sure. We wondered, earmuffs are one of the essential things, why don’t they just sell it everywhere, even in a supermarket? Drop at my favorite naturalist shop where we impulsively bought glycerine hand cream. Walk again, and smell the coffee. Ok, let’s sit under the sun and take a sip. Ouwh, first, let’s hit the bookstore. Spent too much time at the place as usual. I got a book and he got an interesting desktop table-tennis set. Had some snacks then relaxing at the cafĂ©. Ordered coffee and revealed some of the fieldwork stories. The tiny cups of espresso arrived. Whopsie, not that one. I mean the warm big cups, so we ordered macchiato latte. Spent more time for more stories then walked home in a windy afternoon. Amused my self with the world web and tv. Cooked tasteless dinner but be happy with it anyway, after all the nutrition that counts.



All the store that I passed. All the meaningless stuffs that I bought. All the various drinks that I gulped. All the food that I indulge.

All these things that I've done. Just to let hours, days, weeks and month pass by, to be next to you.

Hold on baby, hold on.

When there's nowhere else to run / Is there room for one more son / One more son / If you can hold on, hold on

All the Things that I’ve Done- the Killers

2 komentar:

Merlyna mengatakan...

the setting sounds familiar..... body shop, hema, chinese store... i miss enschede that once was my town.

dita mengatakan...

yes, it was Enschede. the quiet and not so important town, but hell yeah we miss it to a bit :)

nice to know you :)